French Tips Overlay
French Tips are those classic manicures that make your nails look chic and polish. It can be easily done at home. You just have to let your nails grow long or use gels or acrylics to lengthen them instantly. Nail overlays involve the application of the acrylic, gel or the desired system directly to the natural nail and can also be applied to toenails. Overlays will provide an extra layer of protection and are particularly good for either individual who has trouble growing out their natural nails.
Methods of doing french tips overlay
1. Get your nails ready by removing the old polish. Use an appropriate polish remover and don’t let it soak into your nails for too long if you’re wearing acrylics.
2. Don’t trim your nails too close to your fingertips and make them even.
3. Shape your nails by filing and buffing them and don’t push down your nails as this can damage them.
4. Push your cuticles back using an orange stick or cuticle pusher.
5. Apply the base coat and paint your nail tips with white polish making sure your hand is steady. White polish should stop where the whites of your nails stop.
6. Using a top coat finish the look of your freshly painted nails.